VMware ThinApp 4.6
You can even run multiple versions of the same application. Plug the VMware ThinApp, formerly known as Thinstall, into your existing management infrastructure and accelerate your software development and desktop deployment. Deliver and deploy applications more efficiently, more securely, and more cost-effectively with agentless application virtualization.
Eliminate Installation Conflicts with Application Virtualization:
Application virtualization encapsulates the applications from the OS and each other; eliminating costly regression testing and conflicts from badly behaving applications. Just plug in an .MSI or .EXE file to deploy a virtual system environment, including registry keys, DLLs, third-party libraries, and frameworks without requiring any installation of agents or applications on the underlying operating system.
Package Once, Deploy Everywhere (Network, USB, Physical or Virtual Desktops)
Deploy virtualized applications in user mode, without administrative rights. No device drivers are installed and no registry changes are made because the entire application and its virtual OS are delivered as a single EXE file. Transparently stream large applications from a shared network drive with no server or client software to install. Upgrade or roll-back applications while they’re running. The new version will execute the next time the user starts the application.
Cater to Your Mobile Workforce:
Let your users run applications on virtually any computer they have access to, including kiosk and hotel PCs. They won’t need to install software or device drivers and won’t need admin rights. Applications run directly from portable storage devices, including Flash drives.
Improve Your Software Distribution Process:
Deliver software that protects the local OS from modifications that might cause instability or breach security using your existing configuration management tools. Even restricted user accounts can safely run virtualized applications without requiring a local installation, making it much more appetizing for IT staff concerned about security.
Ease OS and Application Migrations:
ThinApp agentless application virtualization eases OS migrations by enabling applications to run side by side on the same operating system. Users can continue with business as usual without disruption from problematic applications. Furthermore, if an application needs to be removed from the endpoint—it is a simple file-remove with no mess left to clean up in the system registry.
NOTE: You need to register a valid account in order to test the application
Here are some key features of "VMware ThinApp 4.6"
· Application isolation: Isolated applications run in a virtual bubble in restricted user accounts without requiring any host
· modification: Deploy Office 97, 2003, 2007, and .NET applications on the same OS without conflict as the applications run independent of one another.
· Zero-runtime execution: With no installed agent, no footprint is left on the endpoint device. Applications run directly from the compressed state without first caching data to the hard disk, achieving better performance and security of data.
· 100% User Mode execution: Client runs on locked-down, unmanaged “kiosk” PCs without Admin rights to execute applications, enabling it to be used on managed and unmanaged PC.
· Block-by-block network streaming: Applications virtualized execute once the minimum amount of code required to run the application is available in the desktop’s memory. For example, less than 10% of Microsoft Office needs to be physically streamed to the client in order for it to run. LAN streaming has an average start-up time of just a few seconds.
· Sandbox environments for terminal services: Provide sandboxing for applications running in a terminal services environment so that multiple users can run their own sandboxed application without affecting each other. If one instance of the application tries to make system-wide changes, other users running the same applications are not affected.
· 64-bit operating system support: Enables applications to be virtualized and run on 64-bit systems.
· Execution on thin clients: Tested and certified to run virtualized applications on Windows XP-based thin clients.
Compatibility with a broad range of applications:
· Proven deployments on simple-to-complex applications ranging from basic Microsoft Office to custom applications with Java or .NET.
· Active Directory integration: VMware ThinApp does not require any distribution, streaming, or activation servers or agents. It works with AD, ESD enforcement tools, and open protocols so no additional hardware, software licenses and ongoing maintenance costs for backend infrastructure is required.
· Execution from USB key with portable profiles/user settings: Enable a user to run critical applications from a USB key while maintaining corporate security requirements.
· Integration with 3rd-party application management solutions: Creates .MSI and/or .EXE file that plugs into existing electronic software delivery systems (Inventory, Configuration Management Database, Definitive Software Library, Packagers) without additional integrations required.
· Application Sync: Enables application updates for mobile users as well as third parties on the corporate extranet, ensuring availability of the latest version of the application, reducing patch risks to machines that are taken off the network. Update virtual applications via http/https over the LAN or WAN leveraging existing software delivery systems.
· Application Link: Allows packaged applications to dynamically establish dependencies ("links") with other packaged applications. Administers create separate packages of interdependent components such as Java or .NET runtimes and the applications that rely on them. Each component is delivered independently while sharing resources across multiple ThinApp packages.
· Package it once, deliver to many: Execute a packaged application on Windows NT, Windows PE, or XP Embedded without retesting or repackaging the application for each operating system.
· System snapshots: Provides administrators with a rapid three-step process for pre- and post-install system states for packaging simplicity and for supporting applications that require a reboot during the installation process.
· ISV embeddable: Organizations can deliver their custom application throughout their extranet using VMware ThinApp application virtualization technology.
What's New in This Release: [ VMware ThinApp 4.6 ]
· Full support for Internet Explorer 6 running on Windows 7.
· ThinApp has been successfully used to help customers virtualize and isolate many browser related issues such as ActiveX controls and various versions of Java.
· Adds the ability to “Harvest” Internet Explorer 6 from an existing Windows XP instance.
· Adds a new “ThinDirect” feature which allows redirecting of URLs from native to virtual browsers.
· Adds support for registering virtual services as boot time applications
Download from: Megaupload.com Download Link