Movavi Video Converter 10
Movavi Video Converter is solid video converter software, but it's not going to knock your socks off anytime soon. It has a lot of issues when it comes to input and output file formats. The rate at which you convert movies is faster than ever and the optimization the program has undergone also increases its speed. You would say a lot of the programs in this category have the same issues, but none of them have either issue to the degree that this program has them. We enjoyed testing out this program. However, the issues were too hard to ignore and we recommend checking it out for yourself before buying it.
Movavi Video Converter is a video converter program developed by Movavi. The program allows you to convert video as well as audio files to various popular formats such as AVI (including DivX, XviD, MJPEG, and other codecs), DVD, MPEG 1,2, MP4 (including H.263, H.264, and other codecs), QuickTime (MOV, QT) Real Media (RM, RMVB), Windows Media Video (WMV), 3GP (3GPP, 3GPP2), Flash (FLV). It also can rip video and DVDs to watch them on any portable device: iPod, iPhone, PSP, PDA, Zune, Archos, BlackBerry, cell phones, and more.
The program supports multithreading and batch conversion which can help you to save your time by converting multiple files at once. And provides basic video editing tools including cut, merge, crop, rotate, adjust and add watermarks. And convert video from video sharing sites and Burn video to CD and DVD. Movavi Video Converter runs under Windows platform and has clean and simple user interface. The trial version is available to download and try for free of charge.
Here are some key features of "Movavi Video Converter 10"
Movavi Video Converter outputs to common files types including WMV, AVI, MPEG 1 and 2, MOV, FLV and 3GP. Movavi even has options for HD WMV files and video podcasts. For those with less popular media players an AVI or WMV conversion with a resolution adjustment would work just fine.
Movavi Video Converter doesn't have nearly as many output file format options as the other programs in this category. Most of the formats it converts into are common, which alienates a lot of people who might have videos with uncommon file formats that need to be converted. Out of all the output options, the only semi-uncommon one looks to be M2T. Otherwise, you're subjected to a list of vague entries (DVD Video, HD Video and Online Video) mixed in with common file formats. There is a better variety in input options than you could ever find in the output category.
There is a button clearly labeled on the toolbar to add DVD files from your own personal, unencrypted DVDs. And unlike the other products you are not faced with a list of meaningless VOB files, Movavi Video Converter tells you exactly where the main feature is located and converts the whole thing at once.
We were excited and had high hopes for Movavi’s DVD to video converter feature, because it is fairly unique to this program. But when tested, Movavi’s we found it took more than three hours to convert a one hour segment from the DVD in the drive. Additionally, we found the video and audio were both distorted. The audio was particularly humorous, everyone in the video sounded like they had been sucking helium.
We found that files converted to MOV QuickTime, is only designed for iPods. You can adjust the resolution size to make the video bigger, but it will be extremely pixilated.
If you feel comfortable adjusting advanced settings you can change video and audio codices, video and audio bitrates, framerate, sample rate and more. However, for the novice user this could feel intimidating and complicated. We suggest sticking with the default settings.
With Movavi Video Converter you can also capture images of your video like your son sliding into home, or your daughter’s first smile. Images can be saved as BPM, JPEG, GIF or PNG.
Movavi is now compatible with 180 different types of portable devices.
Ease of Use:
We were also disappointed that Movavi converted videos quite slowly. Not only did we have difficulties when we tried converting DVDs, it would usually take longer to convert video on your hard drive than it would take to actually watch the video. However, we'll point out that Movavi converted typical videos like AVI, WMV and MPEG2 to similarly common files just fine, albeit slow. Although, Movavi Video Converter cannot convert FLV files downloaded from the Internet.
Help and Support:
We didn’t find anything particularly spectacular about Movavi’s help and support. They include email support, a user guide and FAQ. Unfortunately, it took Movavi several days to return our email inquiry and we had to download the help files, most of which the index section didn’t work. However, the overall in-program help guide answered most of our questions and the program is so easy to use, it’s likely you’ll never have to use the help.
Movavi Video Converter is video converter software that looks like it's a lot better than it is when you glance at its interface. It's capable of doing a lot of things, but its limitations in the areas of input and output file formats and additional tools make it look deficient in comparison to many of the other programs in this category. To top it all off, even though it has a streamlined feature set, it doesn't convert videos very quickly at all. A beefed up feature set and sped up interface would do this program wonders.
Extensive Media Format Support:
· Video Converter supports more than 170 video, audio, and image formats.
High Definition Video Support:
· Converts to and from high definition video formats.
Rip Video from DVDs:
· Our video file converter rips video from unencrypted DVDs and converts into any media format. It features quality loss transference of multichannel audio from DVD when you rip video and convert to AVI format.
· Save soundtracks from video & DVD.
Frame Capture Feature:
· Use our video format converter to save movie frames into image files.
Format Setting Adjustment:
· Advanced users are sure to appreciate the manual adjustment of such parameters of output media file as bitrate, aspect ratio, etc.
Customizable Target Quality & File Size:
· Our video file converter lets you set the quality and size of the output file.
Movavi Video Player:
· Play any video - including HD & online video - with the totally free Movavi Video Player included in the Video Converter software installation pack.
Support for Mobile Devices:
· Movavi Video Converter software gives you support for the newest, most bleeding-edge portable devices.
Ready Made Presets for Mobile Devices:
· Rip video or other media and convert it into the format supported by a particular mobile device. Just choose the right preset from the huge variety offered by this video converter software.
Easily Import Files to iTunes:
· Not just great for video converting, the Movavi Video Converter software lets you import converted media to iTunes when you rip video or audio.
Import Files to PSP:
· Import converted media to PSP right inside the video file converter.
Supported Video Formats:
AVI (including DivX, XviD, MJPEG, and other codecs), DV AVI, MPEG 1,2, MP4 (including H.263, H.264, and other codecs), Windows Media Video (WMV, ASF), 3GP (3GPP, 3GPP2), QuickTime (MOV, QT), DVD (VOB, IFO), MOD, DAT (VCD, SVCD), M2T, MTS, MKV, VRO, Flash (FLV).
AVI (including DivX, XviD, MJPEG, and other codecs), DVD, MPEG 1,2, MP4 (including H.263, H.264, and other codecs), Windows Media Video (WMV), 3GP (3GPP, 3GPP2), QuickTime (MOV, QT) Real Media (RM, RMVB), Flash (FLV).
· Intel or AMD or Compatible Processors at 1.4 GHz Minimum
· Display graphics minimum resolution of 1024x768 and 32-bit color
· Minimum 100 MB of free hard disk space is needed for installation, minimum 300 Mb for proper operation
· 256 MB RAM
· Sound Card
· Administrative permissions are required for installation
What's New in This Release: [ Movavi Video Converter 10.0.0.1 ]
· Standalone Media Player installed together with Movavi Video Converter
· Up to 4x faster performance thanks to support for NVIDIA CUDA
· New presets ensure support for the latest devices
· New format presets, including for HD and HQ YouTube Video
· Automatic Splitting function with By Size/By Duration modes
· Support for FLV with H.264 codec output format for uploading to video-sharing websites
· Support for new MKV and AVI with AC3 sound, MPEG with MP3 audio input formats
· Extended post-conversion options now include Shutdown/Hibernate
· 'Recent' tab with user's most commonly used presets
· Original/Output Size fields
Size: 83.4 MB
Download from: Mediafire.com Download Link